Skip to main content

Hot Pink YOUniversity is INDIA Bound

It is the morning of our adventure. 

My bags sit packed by the door.  My family still lightly sleeps.  I am feeling a mix of emotions....excited, yes.  Curious...no doubt.  A little afraid...stories trickle in from a variety of solicited and unsolicited sources on precautions and concerns.

 It is this time before the trip, the books on India splayed out before me, my imagination centers of my brain on fire for what I might see, feel and hear.  These are the moments I feel plugged back into life, reignited with passion and perhaps a little purpose as I seek to understand and experience the various cultures of the world.

For many of us, that fear holds us back from these experiences and we say "no" before we even consider the potential of a YES in our lives.  When you retrain your brain to say "YES", you plug back into that passion-seeking side of you.  Motivation is lost in 5 seconds.  If we look at the obstacles or potential pitfalls first, it is like hitting the snooze alarm in life and going back to bed instead of lacing up our walking/running shoes in the morning.  Impulse is dulled by too much over thinking, and 5 seconds later we hit the snooze on our passions.  We hit the snooze on our YES.

Just for this week, as a group of Hot Pink travelers connects with about 15 other travelers in India...feel our vibe of YES.  Say at least 5 YESs this week to work that brain connection that may be lost due to fear or dulled due to avoidance of any potential uncomfortable feelings in life.  I am feeling so many feelings this morning, all of them worthy of being felt.
Namaste' my Hot Pink Tribe

...follow our travels through India this week by following our blog.  You can also find the links on our Facebook page  Hot Pink YOUniversity.  Or, sign up for newsletters at www.hotpinkyou.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radical Self-Love: Part Three of Four

Part Three of Four Parts on Radical Self-Love Give Yourself the Gift of Forgiveness I once did something in my life so bad, so unforgiving...even just thinking back to it, makes me shudder and ask myself, "What the hell was I thinking?!"   I mean, this behavior was so against my values, my philosophy of life, that it bolted me out of self-love into self-loathing for quite some time...won't even share what it is...that's how bad! We've all done some things in life that when we look back at the video of our lives...it makes us want to block that little chunk out.   Or, maybe we react with rationalization or justification to our deed, "Well, he....", "Well, I did that, but what she did was so much worse." or "I wouldn't have done that if....." .   Wouldn't it be a heck of a lot easier to just admit our mistake, ask for forgiveness and move on.   Time heals all wounds...even the wounds we create.   People do move o

The Art and Science of Giving and Receiving

The wrapping paper lays crumpled and strewn around the living room...you look at the tree in the corner and make plans to take it down before all of the needles become scattered throughout the house...you relish in the new memories created this past holiday season as you look towards the coming of 2013.   A new year, the symbol of do-overs and fresh starts in life. I love watching the faces of my kids, friends and loved ones as they open the "perfect" gift I chose for that person.   Whether it is the camping equipment for my step-son or the perfect socks for my daughter or the hammock for my son this past Christmas, it fills me with such great joy as I got it right !   How often do we get it "right" for us?   How often do we do for ourselves?   Women, the great caretakers of the world.   Naturally wired in our brains and chemistry...we nurture...others.   When it comes time to be the receiver of caretaking...we resist, we detour to the next available p

When the Helper Needs Help...

      I am feeling another rush of powerful emotion as I sit down to share this story with you.  There is no doubt that I have been forever changed in many ways by my recent trip to India and that the transformation continues. Christie and I talk and teach often about The Art of Receiving .  Most of us tend to be great givers but we struggle with receiving .  Christie and I had just decided this would be the playshop we would be holding for our travel tribe on this trip-little did we both know how we would personally be in the need to receive on this trip!   My story shows that we are always able to learn more and that the Universe will provide the divine right opportunities at the divine right time-often when we least expect it!      We were just coming off an amazing, deeply spiritual sunrise ceremony on the sacred Ganges River .  I was in a truly open, loving, peaceful state as we entered the streets of Varanasi.  I was in such a heightened state of being that all my sen